GBS admission process
Gothenburg British School (GBS) is an inclusive school and does not require children to take an entrance test. A student’s application will pass through different stages and is facilitated by effective communication between parents and the school’s admission team.
Parents are asked to make a formal application by completing the application Form on the school website. Please note applicants are only considered if the application form is fully completed, incomplete applications are not logged and will not be reviewed.
All applicants must provide additional supporting documentation, the requested documentation is relevant for the admissions process and supports accurate placement of the student.
You will be prompted to upload the additional documentation on the first page of your online application.
All additional documentation must be uploaded via our admissions system, documentation must not be sent and will not be accepted via email as to protect the student’s personal data.
Please note that all submitted documents must be in English. If documents require translation, they must be stamped and signed as official, legal translations.
- Documents to be submitted at the time of application
- Copy of the Student’s Passport
- Copy of the parent’s/guardian’s passports (in separate files) Note: If you are a diplomatic family, we also require a copy of your visas
- Copy of the applicant’s immunization/vaccination record
- Student’s last two years of school reports (nursery reports for EC applicants)
- Full details of any previously identified special educational needs including individual education plans (IEPs), educational psychologist or other therapist reports (only applicable for students with learning support needs
Documents to be submitted once a student has been enroled
- Student’s Sweden ID card
- Previous school’s Transfer Certificate
Once the application form is submitted and all required documents has been uploaded, the Admissions Office will review each complete application, the application is shared with the Head of School for review of the submitted academic records with a turnaround time of 5 working days. A provisional acceptance can potentially be granted in advance of an assessment
The admissions team will contact you with an update on your child’s admissions verdict, possible admissions outcomes include the following:
- Full acceptance
- Provisional acceptance
- Denied Admission
Upon success of your application you will receive a placement offer, sent to you using a secure online signature platform, failure to review, sign and return the document with-in the allocated time will result in the placement offer being revoked.